Sunday, January 1, 2012

New year of yarn bombing!

So this is year three.
Let's make this one full of awesome projects.

To start things off, I was asked by a wonderful woman if I would do a subversive yarn project to highlight the re-opening/moving of Knotty by Nature (she doesn't like the connotations surrounding the term "yarn bomb"... even yarn storm doesn't exactly sound pro yarn, so this is understandable).

Little side store on Knotty by Nature (henceforth KBN cause that is quite the thing to type each time).
They used to be located on government st, kind of downtown, a little more towards the industrial aspect of town, but located in the last little shop strip on government st that can still be called downtown.
Now, they have moved to Fairfield, which is not at all downtown. They also have propensity toward yarn covered bicycles.

Now, on to the yarn bomb! Or subversive art display that I created for KBN.

I made up about 25 granny squares for the project.
Of all the different colors I could think of and were easy to hand. I like ones that change color as you go along. They're probably my favorite (speaking of favorite yarns, Michael's was having a yarn boxing week sale and I CLEANED UP! It was so amazing! I got so much yarn for only $20!).

I also added buttons to it that have my URL... or at least sort of...
I also added a little something to their door handle. It was my gf's idea.
In this picture below, you can see the reflection says Knotty by Nature Fibre Arts. It's a very pretty store sign.

I am heading out there tomorrow to put up some more pieces.
I only have a couple granny sqaures left, but the wonderful woman who has inspired this project has offered up some pieces to help out the project. Maybe I can tag that garbage can...
If you're in the Fairfield area, you should check them out!

Happy New Year!

2 comments:

  1. This is a simple thank you. We appreciate the time you took to create this!"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I am so glad that everyone seemed thrilled by the late night yarn bombing before the opening. KBN deserves the love! Thank you so much for taking the time to tell me you like it. That means the world to me.

      Delete