Saturday, June 11, 2011

International yarn bombing day: The greatest bomb yet!

Leave it to International Yarn Bombing Day to get me to finally go out and bomb my super bomb.
See, I have been taking all the scrap pieces of yarn, all the failed projects, all of it, and adding it together and making a super tree wrap!

Ok, it was no where near the tree wraps that groups do, where the whole tree is covered, but I like to think it's pretty amazing since it's just me, and only a year.
This piece has the very first swatch I ever crocheted. It was what was supposed to be my first tag, but since I botched it, I became disparaged with it. It has a lot of cool things that have cool stories, just not cool enough to be their own tags.

But together, SUPER AWESOME YARN BOMB!

(this shot is from actually up in the tree after I tagged it)
As I said to Alice, who accompanied me on my yarn bombing adventure ( and to whom this tag would not be possible because she hoisted me into the tree so I could tag it), for me, this tag is what it means to do yarn bombing.

(This orange yarn is Alice's contribution)
Well, I hope this International Yarn Bombing Day has been everything you thought it could be.
For me, it was amazing. I'm exhausted.
Enjoy!

P.S. I also did this cute poll fungus. I would say more (like, look! a heron!) but I am sleepy.

2 comments:

  1. I love this so much! It looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful effort! And, not only didn't I know that there's an International Yarn Bombing Day, it falls on my birthday! Happy Hooking!

    ReplyDelete