Tuesday, August 21, 2018

Fibrations 2018

What a beautiful exhausting day!
I gotta tell you, I ended up with blisters hauling this thing around all day, but it was super worth it! I had an amazing day MCing the event!
In case you didn't know, or haven't read my previous posts about the Fibrations festival, it's a local event put on by Knotty by Nature, a local fiber store. Ryan and Steph and members of the community (like myself) come together to create the magical fiber day!
There's dozens of vendors, and every year I get to meet a lot of amazing and talented people. It's a fantastic blast!
The (highly white, upper end of middle aged) community out in full force at the event! There were so many people this year! Maybe not the most ever, but I was so happy with the turn out!

Anyway, it was an amazing day! I was given a bunch of gifts from just wonderful vendors simply for being a great MC and information person!
Here's a photo of all the goodies I picked up!
The black and rainbow is called "Unicorn Farts" and comes from Spunwareovertherainbow (which is just the best name run by the kindest human!). And she GAVE me this wonderful skein!! I nearly died!
Then there's some books (Zines) by Caitlin Ffrench. She specializes in botanical dyes and inks, for yarn and paper and what have you. KBN paid half the fee for me to be able to take her class, and it was spectacular! I learned so much and now have some inks and watercolors made from all natural materials like seeds, barks, pieces of iron and metals!
Then Christian from Hypnoknits gave me the patch. You can't read it but it says "There is no gender in fiber craft" and it makes my heart soar!
Then I got this incredible coloring books from a vendors husband. He loves making coloring books! And I love coloring! So he gave me these! And then I bought an enamel pin from Black Cat yarns<3 p=""> and small bundled yarn there from Black Cat Yarns. The yarn is called "Unicorn Farts" as well haha!
Then I bought the little yarn crafting octopus enamel pin because it was just waaaay too cute not to.
The pink Joma yarn (now Subculture Yarn) was part of a project, where the proceeds went to help someone... with.. something... I forget, but as soon as I saw her post about it, I knew I needed to pick it up, to help the cause and to get this gorgeous pink!
Then I won the rest of the things! The amazing "Lite Brite" by Black Cat Yarns, two random crochet bowls (I felt bad for the artist as they did not have many tickets for their item), a bag of knit baby items (so do not remember entering for this... pretty sure the tickets got mixed up but whatever haha).
I also picked up a quilted pillow from Rosalie, a friend of Dela's (and honestly myself) for Lex's mom Cathy for xmas!
So yeah, just one of the best Fibrations yet! Can't wait for next year!

1 comment:

  1. infertility for easy Conception. (No more adoption, with Dr Itua your problem will solve and you will have your child with ease.I have been  blog Sites for a while now and today i felt like i should share my story because i was a victim too. I had endometriosis for 18 years and i never thought i would ever get a cure due to the terrible symptoms i had and this made it impossible for me to get pregnant even after 12 years of marriage and it was a serious issue. I got to know about Dr. Itua on Blog Site who treated someone and the person shared a story of how she got a cure and let her contact details, i contacted Dr. Itua and he actually confirmed it and i decided to give a try too and use his herbal medicine that was how my burden ended completely. My son will be 2 this december and also I was suffering from brain cancer which I also explain to Dr Itua so he prepared herbal medicine for me which I drank for two weeks to cure my brian cancer so if you are suffering from any kind of diseases you can contact Dr Itua herbal center to get your cure successfully,  i am grateful to God and thankful to his medicine too.Dr Itua Can As Well Cure The Following Desease…Cancer,Hiv,Herpes,Epilepsy, Hepatitis B,Liver Inflammatory,Diabetes,Fibroid, Lupus, ALS, HPV, Erectile dysfunction, Menstrual Cramp, Get Your Ex Back,  If you have (A just reach his on (drituaherbalcenter@gmail. com Or Whatsapp Number..+2348149277967)He can also advise you on how to handle some marital issues.He's a good man. 

    ReplyDelete